Okay. Thank you.
I have a couple of concerns with the extension, with either extension. I'm certainly not unsympathetic to the fact that it's an extraordinarily long judgement. We also have had to read an extraordinarily long judgement, but here are my two concerns: One is that the -- by not having the Notice of Appeal yet filed, it puts both the Court and Mr Taylor in an awkward jurisdictional position. The Pre-Hearing Judge cannot be appointed until the Notice of Appeal has been filed, the theory, I suppose, being that until the Notice of Appeal has been filed there is no appeal, and, therefore, there is no point in being seized.
The second thing -- and that's under Rule 109. Under Rule 102(A) the execution of the judgement is in effect until the Notice of Appeal is filed. So Mr Taylor is essentially in execution of judgement, although I have stayed the period as opposed to granting a motion, an interim motion, for delay of filing of extension of time for the Notice of Appeal.
That's -- that's my concern. It's a technicality, but it's one that does cause me some concern.
Secondly, all of the arguments that you have made for extending time for the Notice of Appeal, with the exception, I suppose, of the length of the judgement in terms of having read it since you will have already read it by the time you file your notice, are going to apply for every filing. I mean, it is complex and that's going to impact on when your submissions are due and most likely your responses and your replies. And so in calculating what -- how much time to give at this end, I really need, and I think we all need, to have some certainty as to how much time you're going to be needing overall.
So although that is beyond the scope of the actual motion, I wonder if you could give me some sense of what you think the time-frame should be. And in order to assist you with this, I've had my legal officers prepare a chart which shows the various alternatives, and I'd ask that perhaps we can share that with counsel at this point.
And I wonder -- Mr Anyah, first of all, I would note, although I'm certainly not going hold you to it, but I would note just for the record that according to the order of the Principal Defender, you had implied or stated to her that you had hoped that there would not need to be an extension for filing of the Notice of Appeal, and at that point, presumably -- well, according to Mr Taylor's letter, you already knew that the judgement was going to be fairly extensive. As I say, I'm not going to hold you to it, and obviously you've changed your mind, but I do that in mind.